my favorite design finds, current art projects, and more

2010-05-05

[ johanna velasco ] insomnia

insomnia

my allergy meds were making me super sleepy so i passed out REALLY early last night. but then i woke up at 4am. i must've had some whacked out dreams or something because i was feeling sorta anxious when i woke up. and so it took me a bit to fall back asleep. and then i woke up late for work. sighhh!

im in love with the wispy ambiguity of johanna velasco's work, especially her pieces in the "paper crown" series. my favorite is the piece above. but i also love delusional angel (below). the play between dark void and bright light is very engaging.

clockwise from top left: dance, dance, dance; hope; secrets, delusional angel

[ links ]
insomnia: click
johanna velasco: click

No comments: