my favorite design finds, current art projects, and more

2010-03-14

[ aurelie grand ] swimming illustrations


me and sharon and nevin's most recent addiction - swimming at the gym. swimming is great exercise, even when you're not even swimming laps. ever since i was little, my parents used to call me "shrimp." for two reasons: i sleep in fetal position (like a shrimp i guess?) and i'm obsessed with swimming. if i could just live in water i would. we have a pool in our backyard at home but, as its winter, we cant swim there. so gym it is.

anyways, i saw some illustrations by aurelie grand and i LOVE them. quirkily fun seems like a good way to describe her work. and i think its ridiculously awesome that she studied cell bio and then decided to become an illustrator. kudos!!! my favorite of her swimming-type illustrations is the one above.


[ links ]
aurelie grand: click
her illustrations: click
on etsy: click

No comments: